Sunday, February 3, 2008

Say it aint so, Tom, Say it aint so!

I am crying right now... I never really thought that the Pats would lose. I knew it was a possibility, because "anything is a possibility," but to Eli Manning??? He is not even the good Manning brother!?!?! He is not good under pressure, he is fugly as all hell, and he has no timing!

I admit that I am spoiled, Red Sox winning twice in my lifetime, the Celtics with the best record in the NBA, hell even the Bruins are decent this year! But to see the Pats go all the way, 19-0, that would have been amazing! Something to tell my grandkids about!

I cannot understand how we lost that game, we had them, under 5 min. left in the fourth, Pats up by 4, we had 5 pairs of hands holding Manning, and he got away! How did we let him go?

So we are 18-1... we went the entire regular season undefeated... but does it really mean anything? NO, it doesn't, except that we could not pull through in the end.

Since I am a superstitious person, I blame Bill Belichick. All season long, he has worn his old, grimmy, gray, sleeves cut off sweatshirt. And today, he switched to a red one. Why then, in God's name, would he do that? His team won 18 games with him in the gray one, he couldn't wear it for one more game?

Blahhhhhhh.... So it is 3:45 am in London and I should be going to bed. I have class in the morning.

No comments: